Student Disciplinary Committee
Terms of Reference
1. To discharge, on behalf of the Senate, matters related to student discipline as defined in the Regulations for Student Conduct and Academic Integrity, including the investigation of allegations of student misconduct and student academic misconduct referred to the Committee in accordance with the Regulations, and with reference to sanctions of previous relevant cases.
2. To advise and make recommendations to the Senate on matters related to the discipline of students in the University.
3. To submit to the Chair of the Senate no later than the 31 July each year a written report covering the activities of the Committee during the previous academic year (1 July to 30 June).
To summon before it, for the purpose of giving evidence at a hearing, any student or employee of the University. Failure to attend upon such summons may be referred to the Chair of the Senate.
Chair: Nominated by the Provost from among the Committee's serving members and appointed by the Chair of the Senate
- Professor Khaled BEN LETAIEF 李德富教授
Secretary: Secretary of the Senate, ex-officio
- Miss Terrenz WONG Yin-Hang 黃演行小姐
(a) One faculty or staff member from each School and the Interdisciplinary Programs Office, to be nominated by the Provost.
- Professor Khaled BEN LETAIEF 李德富教授, Engineering
- Professor Ophelia TSUI 徐崑翠教授, Science
- Professor HUI Kai-Lung 許佳龍教授, Business & Management
- Professor Joshua DERMAN 杜哲士教授, Humanities & Social Science
- Professor Gerald R. PATCHELL 百察樂教授, Interdisciplinary Programs Office
(b) One present or past Residence Master, to be nominated by the Provost.
- Professor SHANG Chii 商啟教授, Residence Master
(c) Four student members to be nominated by the relevant student bodies, with at least one undergraduate and one postgraduate.
- Ms Trista Sui Laam TANG, Undergraduate
- Ms Man Tik HO, Undergraduate
- Ms Pearl Ming De NGAU, Undergraduate
- Mr Ka Chau WONG, Postgraduate
(d) Where a gender-related case is involved, the Provost may co-opt member(s) from the Gender Discrimination Committee and such member(s) shall have full voting rights.
(e) Reserve members, to be nominated to the Committee when required in order to ensure a quorum:
- One faculty or staff member and One student member, nominated by the Provost.
Term: For student members, one-year term, renewable
For other members, a staggered term of one or two years, renewable
Quorum: Three faculty or staff and two student members
Information as of 18 January 2023